Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hail MURPHY!!

This is my first tribute to the greatest law ever discovered or realized by human kind, one which is so universal and so widely applicable that the ones by Einstein and Newton seem inconspicuous in its awe.
No one knows who Murphy was , at least he is not as famous as the other guys but thats the ultimate contradiction. Great people do not seek glory , they strive for glorious works.

Almost all laws have their limitations and to make them applicable everywhere you mostly need to have a rigorous definition but the Murpy law stands apart for its simplicity and is unique for its multiple variations , more varied than anything you can imagine.

it simply says
"If something can go wrong, it will"

This introduction was only because I wanted to narrate my petty incident which though petty made my belief in murphy all the more firm.

As usual I was crossing the railway crossing between the market and my hostel. I have crossed the same like a dozen times all the time merrily with all the time in my hand. And I never found the gate closed . And here i was already an hour late for office also carrying a heavy bag from the market(yeah, i do not get to shop in eve due to the marvellous opening times in germany) and lo behold! the gate was closed for the first time..
Ok , i thought , it happens the gate exists for the purpose of closing or else it would be like one of the many white elephants of Indian Government.

After standing for 2 minutes with no sign of any train I contemplated to go to through the underground passage some way across . I thought that going that extra distance might cause me more harm than good if the gate opens as soon as i leave.

As usual , I had to take a hard decision "To go or not to go"...People could see me taking one step forward and backward every 5 seconds and god knows what they thought..they never pain others anyways...

After waiting for somewhat ten loong minutes I firmly decided to walk to the underground passage . And as soon as I had started walking the train came.

Now this cannot be a co incidence... The main thing is that I knew all that ten minutes that as son as i will start walking away the train and it happened exactly the same :O

Hail Murphy...

P.S.: I thought the post would be interesting when i thought of it in the morning but after writing it , I can see that it is no better , even worse than my previous posts..:(
Maybe the time spent betweent the incident and the writing dampened my thoughts and enthusiasm. Maybe i will delete this after I have written some more ..

No comments: